About Me

My photo
Demetrius and I were married in June of 2000. Our love grows stronger every day. We are the perfect match and definitely soulmates. After several years of trying and with many prayers from ourselves and our family and friends, our hope for becoming parents became reality. God blessed us with the most beautiful miracle, our son,Jonah Sunil Rhodes. And here's our happily ever after...

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gladys, my sister



This past weekend was a sweet memorable time for me. My mom and baby sister, Gladys, came down and we got to spend a lot of laying around, doing nothing, quality time together. It was so great...so satisfying...so comforting. I sometimes forget how lucky I am to have such loved ones around me. I know I will never say, "I am alone" in my lifetime, which is such a reassuring thought since I know so many people say this everyday. Gladys has been working weekends for so long that I forgot what it felt like to just "hang out" with her. We are so very different but yet so alike. She may come off as being aloof and spacy at times, but if you look deeper you will see a heart of gold. This past weekend made me think of earlier years when Gladys was younger. She adored me...she was the cutest, sweetest little girl I knew. I thought with age all this was gone forever but I realized that although she has grown and changed, she's still the same little Gladys I fell in love with many years ago. We're connected on so many levels and if there is anyone whose soul is identical to mine it is hers. I love you, sis...I hope she knows this always and forever. And thank you, mom and dad, for bringing her into my life.




(Glady, don't forget you'll always get to say you were the first to feel your niece/nephew move inside their momma's tummy!!)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Y'all are so lucky to have each other. I LOVE that picture...it's so sweet....looks like it could be on a greeting card!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beaula... younger sisters... how they are just the best and how we are even better akkas...lol