About Me

My photo
Demetrius and I were married in June of 2000. Our love grows stronger every day. We are the perfect match and definitely soulmates. After several years of trying and with many prayers from ourselves and our family and friends, our hope for becoming parents became reality. God blessed us with the most beautiful miracle, our son,Jonah Sunil Rhodes. And here's our happily ever after...

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Does this make it official???


Okay, so now that Jonah is 7 weeks old and almost about to hit that 2 month mark, I finally think I know the little stinker. I was wondering why all of sudden I was handling him better, why our days seem to flow better, why everything felt a little more structured. I thought it was just because he was getting older and more tolerable to his new surroundings...which could be true...but I also think it's because I am getting to know my little boy better. I know his favorite positions. I'm able to distinguish between his cries and what they mean. I know his dislikes (i.e. cold wet wipes) and his likes (i.e. relaxing music at bedtime). He's more aware of me and his daddy, too. He's starting to smile at the sound of our voices!!

I was worried about returning back to work...and I do really miss him when I'm gone. But I am happy that I'm back doing what I love so much, nursing. And I am happy that Jonah gets some quality time with his daddy, too. Of course Demetrius freaked out the first day and was a little overwhelmed, but with every passing day, he, too, is figuring out his son.

So is it official now? Am I finally a "real" mommy...who knows her child? Not too sure about that...I might be a mommy but I have feeling that everyday is going to be a new discovery!!! I am positive of one thing and that is that with every passing day, I fall deeper and deeper in love with my little boy.

2 comments:

Tashia said...

I really like the new page and yes, you're officially a real mommy. I figured that out on the phone the other day.LOL

Unknown said...

Girl, you were a "real" mom the day you found out you were pregnant.